Introducing the E-Commerce MasterPlan Model
Welcome to the course!
I’m Chloë Thomas, host of the eCommerce MasterPlan Podcast and author of several books on marketing and eCommerce (including the Amazon bestseller Customer Persuasion: How to Influence your Customers to Buy More and Why an Ethical Approach Will Always Win and eCommerce MasterPlan 1.8: Your 3 Steps to Successful Online Selling, on which this course is based).
Over the next ten days, you’re going to learn the fundamental building blocks at the heart of every successful eCommerce business.
Whether your eCommerce business is already up and running or just a pipe dream, this course will show you how to accelerate its growth.
Lessons 2, 3, 4: What Sort of eCommerce Business Are You?
The first step in building your eCommerce MasterPlan is to understand what sort of business you are building.
These lessons will help you answer the three questions that sit at the heart of any eCommerce business:
• What is your eCommerce Business Structure?
• What is the Scale of your Product Range?
• What differentiates your business? What is your Unique Selling Point (USP)?
The answers to these three questions impact everything you do with your business, from systems and products to customer service and marketing.
Lessons 5, 6, 7: Establishing the Core Foundations
Identifying your eCommerce Business Structure, Product Range Scale (PRS), and Unique Selling Point (USP) will show you what sort of eCommerce business you are going to build.
These lessons build the three Core Foundations of your eCommerce MasterPlan:
• Building your perfect website
• How to grow
• Selecting your products and promotions
To have a sustainable and successful business, you need to get these three right.
Lessons 8, 9, 10: I Have Built It: Why Haven’t They Come? AKA Marketing
Building a website and hosting it somewhere brings you no traffic, no prospective customers. You still need to invest in marketing.
It’s the marketing plan that will bring you your customers and make them spend. For the final three lessons, I’ll take you through how to build your successful marketing plan—the marketing plan that is going to work for you, driving the traffic you need to grow your sales.
There are three parts to building your marketing plan, and they form an endless cycle in your business:
• Research – Knowing what’s going on in and outside your business.
• The plan – Fail to plan, plan to fail; we all know it, but it is always worth repeating!
• Test, measure, optimize – Nothing in marketing is static, it’s all changing all the time, so you need to be aware of the performance and keep tweaking and changing that plan to improve performance. Always test, test, test.
Tomorrow, I’m going to explain the eCommerce business structures and why it’s so important to both identify and stick to yours. This is the most fundamental decision in your business, so don’t miss out!
Catch up tomorrow,
Share with friends