How to Take Action
Welcome to the last lesson of the course.
Today, we will look at the role other people play in the success of your morning ritual, and then recap what we’ve learned so far.
One of the best things about making the most of the morning is that most people aren’t yet around to distract you. So does this mean you should embark on this big change solo?
Not quite. Chances are, a lot of people around you will be affected by your decision to switch to an early time. Your partner, your family, and your close friends might have to adjust to your new routine. Depending on where in the world you live, this could be quite the adjustment for them.
So make sure you let them know and explain why you decided to do this. Feel free to share this course with them. The reason why this is important is that you want them to support you and not get in the way. There will be days when you will want to give up, and the last thing you need is a friend making you feel guilty.
A word of warning: do not start telling everyone that you’re “a morning person now.” Let facts speak on your behalf. Studies have shown that to publicly announce your goals significantly lowers your chances of accomplishing them, since you get a sense of success from just declaring your goals in public.
Now you’re all ready.
In the past 10 days, we’ve talked about:
• How you can shift your circadian rhythm, and why everyone can wake up in the morning as long as they’re willing to let go of their identity as a “night owl” or “not a morning person.”
• Setting a clear goal that will get you out of bed excited and how to avoid trying to do too much (and giving up).
• The importance of adjusting your evening first, before you jump into your earlier morning time.
• How to get better at getting out of bed by taking the time to practice.
• How to create habits and a morning ritual that will carry you through the morning and protect against a bad day.
• The quality aspect of sleep: how to get better sleep and how much sleep you should get every single night.
• Turning your alarm clock into your best friend, getting up right away, and being awoken at the perfect time.
• How to shift all your habits and daily behaviors quickly by making your own time zone.
• Making sure the people around you support your change and do not interfere.
Take a quiz to see how ready you are to take on the morning!
Share with friends