Today, we will explore a puzzle claimed to have been made by Einstein himself. 98% of people are unable to solve this—at least, that’s part of the story surrounding this puzzle. Let’s see what it takes to be among the 2% who can.
Here’s the problem: There are 5 houses in 5 different colors. In each house lives a person of different nationality. The 5 owners each drink a different kind of beverage, smoke a different brand of cigar, and keep a different pet. Using the clues below, can you determine who owns the fish?
• The Brit lives in a red house.
• The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
• The Dane drinks tea.
• The green house is on the immediate left of the white house.
• The green house owner drinks coffee.
• The person who smokes Pall Mall rears birds.
• The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhill.
• The man living in the house right in the middle drinks milk.
• The Norwegian lives in the first house.
• The man who smokes Blend lives next door to the one who keeps cats.
• The man who keeps horses lives next door to the man who smokes Dunhill.
• The owner who smokes Blue Master drinks chocolate.
• The German smokes Prince.
• The Norwegian lives next door to the blue house.
• The man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water.
Click the button below when you’re ready for the answer.
Share with friends