Marketing Your Blog to the Right Customer
Episode #8 of the course Blogging for business: Learn how to write blogs that convert by Abidemi Sanusi
What you’ll learn today: How to market your blog to the right customer.
You’ve written the blog post (congratulations). Now what?
Here’s how to market it to the right customer using the right channels.
Eight ways to market your blog to the right customer:
1. Use share icons and actively encourage people to share (as per the image below).
2. Promote your posts on social media
Don’t use the same updates on all your social platforms. Customize, as people use and consume content differently on social media networks.
You don’t have to be on every network. Sign up for all the major ones and use Google Analytics to discover the ones that bring the most traffic to your website—those are the ones you should concentrate on.
Here’s an example of how to promote your blog post (for example, How to run a business blog) on different social media networks:
• Twitter (a newsy social media network—max 140 characters): #Blogging poses particular challenges for businesses. Here’s how to do it effectively. #business #transformationtuesday www.bit.ly/xyz
• LinkedIn (for professionals): We all know that blogging is good for business. But how can we do it in a way that brings the most ROI for the business? More… [link to blog post]
• Facebook (for personal and business): Hands up anyone who’s ever struggled with maintaining their #business #blog? This helpful guide takes the pain out of blogging for business and should bring a smile to your web editor’s face ;-)
3. Use bit.ly links to shorten and track your blog links
Bitly enables you to shorten, share, manage, and analyze your favorite links from around the web.
Here an example of a Bitly link in action. They link to the same webpage, but the bit.ly is shorter:
You can sign up for a free bit.ly account here.
4. Guest blog (also known as content marketing)
Guest blog on influencer websites and link back to your blog in your bio. Influencers are people (for example, Neil Patel) or a company (for example, Search Engine Land) that have a large following.
5. Feature guest bloggers on your blog
That way, you get a break from writing your blog and your guest bloggers bring their fans to your blog, giving you an even wider audience. It’s a win-win.
6. Use your LinkedIn communities
LinkedIn communities are probably the most underestimated traffic generator when it comes to blogging.
Whatever your target market’s interests or hobbies, it’s safe to say that there is a LinkedIn community for that group.
However, don’t just bombard the groups with links to your blog posts. Engage with the group as well.
7. Promote your most popular blog post using Facebook ads
Boost your most popular blog post and drive traffic to your blog for as little as $10 a day. Find out how to use Facebook ads here.
It’s a quick and effective way of getting more eyeballs on your blog.
8. Use your email signature
Add a link to your blog in your email signature.
Use a service like Wisestamp for this. Here’s an example of a Wisestamp signature:
With these tips, you should be able to market your blog effectively.
Tomorrow’s lesson: Blogging etiquette.
Share with friends