Is Email Still Effective?
In this course, we’ll cover the fundamentals of effective email marketing to meet your business goals. By the end of this class, you’ll understand how to approach email marketing based on buyer personas and where prospects are in their buyer’s journey, how to segment your emails, and best practices for email marketing.
To begin, you might be wondering if email is still effective.
The answer is a loud and resounding yes! Here are a couple of reasons why:
• There are more than 4.3 billion email accounts today—that’s a LOT of people using email. No other marketing channel has been adopted as universally.
• 95% of online consumers use email, and 91% report that they check their email at least once a day. If people are checking their email every day, it’s probably still a viable marketing channel, right? And since emails stay in your inbox unless you delete them, it has a longer lifespan than other marketing channels like social media.
• Email is a channel that you own. While Google and Facebook can change the way they index search results and display content, you’ll always have a 1:1 relationship with the people that open your emails.
• 77% of consumers prefer email for marketing communications. Take advantage of that by connecting with people where they want to be reached.
• Email lets you be highly personal. You can create a highly targeted, contextual message that’s unique to each person who receives it.
• And lastly, we still use email because it has an ROI of 4300%. For every $1 you spend, you get $43 of returns. That’s a pretty sweet deal.
In fact, email is growing. According to the Direct Marketing Association, 76% of marketers say they use email more than they did three years ago. In the next class, we’ll explain how you can do email marketing as a part of your inbound marketing strategy.
Share with friends