Becoming an Expert
It’s exciting to see how far you’ve come.
In these last 10 lessons, you’ve learned more about the world of user experience than the majority of your family and friends.
At this point, you should be looking at things differently and asking questions that previously never came to your mind.
If not, I really encourage you to keep asking new questions, because that’s the key to becoming an expert.
Here’s a few that’ll help you get started:
• Was this process simple?
• Was this process easy to understand? Could it be simpler?
• Why does this make me feel *emotion*?
• How does this make money?
• If this made more money, would it upset users?
• Why do other people enjoy this?
• Why don’t other people enjoy this?
• Who is this for?
• What works really well here?
• Could this be improved? If so, how?
By asking a few questions and seeing if you can find the answers yourself, it’ll help make you more mindful of the world around you.
It also helps you identify patterns and trends that you may have never thought existed.
There’s plenty of good books to read and blogs to follow too.
Share with friends